Each year Pitchbook runs an analysis of which universities/colleges have the most VC backed alumni. In theory, this should be a measure of the entrepreneurship heft of the given school. Here is their just published report. Highlights:
- Methodology: Pitchbook tracked founders of companies that received a first round of venture funding between January 1, 2006 and August 18, 2017. Large data base.
- Page 4: Cornell ranks 6th for undergraduate programs for the number of VC backed entrepreneurs.
- Page 7: Cornell ranks 6th for dollar volume of VC dollars raised.
- Page 9: Cornell ranks 5th for female founders.
- Page 10: Cornell ranks 14th for MBA programs.
- Page 11: Cornell ranks 3rd for undergraduate founder unicorns (companies with over $1 billion in valuation)
Good reading. Enjoy!